Monday, March 2, 2009

weightroom 101!

Thank goodness i had no injuries in weight training today. Sometimes it seems that the student are careless with their actions and feel that no consiquences will occure for their actions. Today i took the approach of the extreme command style strategy of teaching because it seems that students always come in on Mondays as if they have no idea what is going on and what they should be doing. I have to say that it worked better than most Mondays. I think that with the weight training class I am going to continue to use this style because i feel it is most effective when trying to prevent injuries.

2 comments:

  1. It is amazing how much students forget over the weekend. It should be interesting to see how they are after spring break!
    I think in your position being controlling is the only way to go. Don't let them forget who's boss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Josh most students are careless in the way they act especially on mondays. In my weights class they have done certain acts that could injure or even kill them in the weightroom. My problem is that their are climbing ropes that hang down from the ceiling in our weightroom. So my students try and climb all the to the ceiling without proper cushioning underneath the ropes. I was wondering what you did to have an extremely assertive style of discipline?

    ReplyDelete