Monday, March 16, 2009

Watched and Learned!

I was watching the Eastern Oregon football team work out the other day and thought that i would try to impliment a similar style/strategy in my weight training class. Today was th efirst day that i tried this circuit style approach. I let the students knwo at the beginning of class what changes were being made. The students got into groups of three or four (groups in which they lifted around the same amount of weight) and would have a specific time to fininsh their lift. The group would rotate about every 13 minute in which they all had to complete their 5x5 sets/reps. On my command the groups would then rotate. This worked out great. At first I did not feel they would be able to handle the high intensity workout but i feel they worked harder than ever and enjoyed it. I am glad i made this change and hope to see more positive outcomes from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment