Thursday, February 19, 2009

Startin to warm up!!

Today was a great day. We had great weather today so my cooperating teacher and I decided to have the students do a 20 min jog after warm ups. Some of the students were excited about this but others still felt it was too cold. My cooperating teacher and I actually decided to jog with the students which we thought we motivate them to take part in the entire run. This plan worked out well. When the students saw Mr. Wolcott and I jogging for the entire 20min, I felt the students tried a little harder to jog for the entire time. Great day overall.

2 comments:

  1. It's great to have a job in which you can get your own work-out while you teach. I like seeing these blogs--they are a good way to share your teaching reflections.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Your dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, great idea. I know that whenever coaches or teachers would be involved in an activity that I was involved in, I would be more motivated to do well. I think the students see the teacher as a human being and not a figure that continually barks out orders. Respect is built and just makes the teacher seem more real. Students enjoy those types of teachers. Students always like the P.E. teachers more than the math teachers! "Lucky!"...(Napoleon Dynamite)

    ReplyDelete