Monday, February 23, 2009

Safety first!!!!!

Today I almost had a student injure himself in our weight lifting class. I have realized ho wimportant it is to continue to go over safety rules in throughout the year. Even though weightroom safety is addressed often, it is important that ALL of the students have a clear understanding of theseriousness of weight room rules and safety. I am going to spend a short time in the first part of class and review particular techniques and saftey issues pertaining to that particular days lifts. Any other ideas out there?

1 comment:

  1. Safety is important, and high school students, especially,tend to think they are invincible. (I'm speaking from my own high school experience here...) So I agree with you that it's a good idea to review safety rules again and again, until they're sick of them, and have to hurt themselves to understand why you reviewed so much. (I hope that doesn't really happen!)

    ReplyDelete